Primary Care Doctor Lake Wales and Devenport
What is primary care?
Primary care is care provided by physicians specifically trained for and skilled in comprehensive first evaluation and continuing care for persons with any undiagnosed symptoms or signs, acute or chronic conditions or a health concern.
What is a primary care physician (PCP)?
A PCP is a specialist in internal medicine, family medicine or pediatrics who provides initial care to the patient at the first point of care and takes ongoing responsibility for the patient’s comprehensive care
What do our primary care physician do?
Besides treating common symptoms such as aches, pains and colds, our primary care doctors:
- Provide ongoing care for most diseases except very uncommon or unusual ones
- Monitor your health against your lifestyle goals over time, something called health promotion.
- Educate patients about preventing chronic diseases, such as restricting sugar and carbohydrate intake if you have prediabetes or increasing your physical activity if you’re at higher risk for heart disease
- Provide appropriate screening for conditions such as breast cancer, colon cancer, cervical cancer, osteoporosis as recommended by the United States preventive services task force
- Prescribe appropriate immunizations for conditions such as pneumonia, influenza, hepatitis A and B, shingles etc, as recommended by guidelines from CDC