Primary Care Doctor
Primary Care Doctor Lake Wales and Davenport, FL
What is primary care?
Primary care is care provided by physicians specifically trained for and skilled in comprehensive first evaluation and continuing care for persons with any undiagnosed symptoms or signs, acute or chronic conditions or a health concern.
What is a primary care physician (PCP)?
A PCP is a specialist in internal medicine, family medicine or pediatrics who provides initial care to the patient at the first point of care and takes ongoing responsibility for the patient’s comprehensive care
What do our primary care physician do?
Besides treating common symptoms such as aches, pains and colds, our primary care doctor in Lake Wales & Devenport, FL offer:
- Provide ongoing care for most diseases except very uncommon or unusual ones
- Monitor your health against your lifestyle goals over time, something called health promotion.
- Educate patients about preventing chronic diseases, such as restricting sugar and carbohydrate intake if you have prediabetes or increasing your physical activity if you’re at higher risk for heart disease
- Provide appropriate screening for conditions such as breast cancer, colon cancer, cervical cancer, osteoporosis as recommended by the United States preventive services task force
- Prescribe appropriate immunizations for conditions such as pneumonia, influenza, hepatitis A and B, shingles etc, as recommended by guidelines from CDC
Dr. Sunil K. Nihalani, MD is a gastroenterologist, internal medicine & primary care doctor in Davenport & Lake Wales. He has more than 19 years of diverse experience. He is affiliated with local hospitals, including Heart Of Florida Regional Medical Center, Lake Wales Medical Center and Winter Haven Hospital. He cooperates with other doctors and physicians in medical groups including Ridge Medical Associates, LLC.
Here is a brief bio on Dr. Nihalani:
Education and training
-> Medical School – Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
-> Saint Louis University, Residency in Internal Medicine
-> University of Vermont, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
Ridge Medical Associates
Having more than 28 years of diverse experience, especially in internal medicine.
-> Primary Care Doctor
Certifications & Licensure
->FL State Medical License (1997-2018)
-> Board-certified in Internal Medicine 1997, re-certified 2007
-> Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center
-> Lake Wales Medical Center
-> Winter Haven Hospital
Awards, Honors & Recognition’s
-> Physician of the year, Lake Wales Hospital 2013
-> Chief of Staff, Lake Wales Medical Center 2011-2012
-> Chairman, Credentials Committee, Lake Wales Medical Center 2015-present
-> Member, Medical Executive Committee, Lake Wales Medical Center 2009-present
Medicaid (not accepting new patients)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Humana HMO and PPO
405 S 11th St
Lake Wales, Florida 33853-4202
Map and Directions
2209 North Blvd, Suite A
Davenport, FL 33837
Phone: (863) 679-8000
Fax: (863) 679-8008
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday –9:00 AM-12:00 PM
To make an appointment with primary care doctor in Lake Wales & Devenport, FL, please call us at (863) 679-8000 or visit: http://ridgemedicalassociates.com/appointments/